Saturday, November 21, 2009

Headed Home from Tulsa

These last three days at 'Adoption Camp' has been overwhelming. Here we are, in Tulsa, we have no job, we are relying on friends to take care of our birth children, taking phone interviews for jobs, trying to set up an LLC (talking to a lawyer (Well, Luke Korkowski anyway) and a CPA(She might actually be reputable)), setting up in person interviews for next week back in Denver, learning absolute heart breaking stories of birth mothers and adopted mothers, being convicted by Francis Chan, Crazy Love, and growing in my relationship with Christ and my wife.

Like I said, overwhelming.

But I have an incredible peace, maybe more than ever, that all that we have been through to this point in our lives was preparing us for this phase. So many Christians often feel like they are walking on God's path, but they are on the edge of the 'light'. They are 'doing it' but they know they are holding something back, or going begrudgingly, but that is not where we are.

We are in the middle of the path God has set out for us. I am sure I would not be able to handle moving forward with this without His hand on us. I have full confidence that I will find a job, and that the money will be 'enough'. I have full confidence that God is going to come through in amazing ways and that my happiness does not matter, but my Holiness does. I am sold out for the lives and souls of children. I want to protect and grow them. I want them to know Jesus Christ personally. And I want to be a warrior for God who he trusts to lead his children.

I do not think we will only adopt one. Two? More? I don't know. I do know the Excursion will hold 4 more. But God will show the way. I don't know how we will pay or how we will have enough energy. All I have is the faith that this is what God has been equipping us to do, we will follow him, and it will work out.

Wanna come with us? http://www.crisispregnancyoutreach.org

P.S. I have a job interview in downtown Denver on Monday. Please pray I get the job!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am praying for you so much!! I am so amazed at your love for the Lord and your commitment to obey your calling for adoption! You will be blessed for doing so. I pray you find work soon! Bless you and your sweet, sweet family!! I only wish we could be in CO to take an adoption journey with you!! I know they have a wonderful system there!! My new calling is to see what we can do to change the TX system to be equally as successful as CO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fun that you guys have a blog! I'm looking forward to seeing what goes on in your exciting journey! Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete